Hey! yeah I knew mom would have gone crazy if I didn't let you know. But if for any reason that happens in the future don't stress too much because it's probably just because of mission conference or something. That's what happened this week. We had mission conference on our p-day. It was pretty cool because elder Glenn Pace and his wife from the 70 came and talked to us. He basically told us the numbers for our mission have gone down and we need to get them back up . But it was really cool to have him there. And yeah, I heard Derek was a wuss this year and decided to shoot a deer. So you were asking about the weather, it's starting to get colder it has been kind of stormy the last little while and it even snowed a tiny bit last week. Today is really nice though, it's like 70 degrees or so. But I've been wearing my jacket for the last two weeks because it's been chilly. And the leaves are alright but not as sweet as I expected. I haven't taken any pics yet. I'll try to soon. Plus those other pictures I said I would send I'm going to try to do it today.. we'll see if I have time though haha. The work has been slow lately but we are starting to teach a member referral now and hopefully he can start to progress. Other than that we don't have a whole lot going on. We've just been trying to find some new investigators lately. So transfers are coming up in about 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure I'll stay here but I think Urriola will be gone. We'll just have to wait and see though. I still haven't made it to the city yet, but I'm not in any kind of rush to get there either. I'm sure at some point I'll serve there and get really familiar with it. West point is really cool and it's worth checking out if we come back here in a few years. I love going on splits there. There are quite a few members there and there are missionaries assigned there. It's the elders that I life with. They work both West Point and Newburgh. The work is awesome over there. They have baptized three cadets over there in the last 3 months. They always have people to teach over there. So about the journal, I don't really care what it looks like or what color it is. I really like the one that Jannette gave to me. So something similar to that would be great if you can remember what it looked like.. If not, then I'll trust you to pick one out. But not a 3 ring binder type, I like the book ones better like the one I have right now. So I have absolutely no clue where I'll be calling from on Christmas. I may not even be in Newburgh anymore so I really have no clue. But I will try to figure it out and let you know. How long are you planning on talking to me? Because I don't think it's supposed to be more than about an hour maximum haha. We'll figure it out those as it gets closer to that time. So thanksgiving is just up to the missionaries. We might get lucky and eat with a member or something, if not I'll probably eat a hot dog or peanut butter and jelly sandwhich haha kind of gay, but that's the way it goes on the mission. It is kind of weird that I'll be 20 this year. As far as time is concerned, it has been dragging lately.. I don't know I think it's just the fact that I've been out almost 6 months now and so it's not really new and the work has been so slow lately. Not too mention it's my favorite time of the year in Utah right now :) But it has gone by fairly fast too. In some ways I look at it and think, wow I've been out 6 months already, and then on the onther hand I look at it and think wow I've still got to do that 3 more times haha. I don't know if that makes sense or not but that's pretty much how I feel. Oh before I forget, can you do me a favor and put some of my cash into my bank account. I want to make sure there's always at least a few hundred dollars in there and I have no way of checking it. I ran out of money this month and had to dip into the personal funds so that kind of sucked haha. Well I hope everything is going well back home. I'm still doing well and just trying to enjoy myself as much as possible!! Que tengan una buena semana! Thee ah!Love,Elder Maxfield
PS Saturday sucked because I couldn't stop looking at my watch and thinking about the deer hunt. Plus in the car I put some hymns on and starting listening to "Ye elders of Israel" just to hear the last line hahaha it talks about going to the mountains of ephraim to dwell. Maybe I like torturing myself or something haha. Oh yeah and a deer ran right in front of our car that morning too. I couldn't help but just start laughing!!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment