Friday, September 25, 2009
Sept 23rd
Hey what's new? So it sounds like things are going well back home, that's always good to hear! Things here in Newburgh are pretty much the same as usual. Transfers are a week from today and I would almost guarantee that I will be staying here in Newburgh. As for my comp though, I'm not sure. There's about a 50/50 chance for him to be transferred. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get transferred but I'm pretty certain I'll be in Newburgh for at least probably 2 more cycles, but ya never know. I don't really care either, I like it here and I'm sure I would like it if I get transferred too. So you were asking about spiritual experiences... well there hasn't really been anything that sticks out to me yet. Just a few little things that just fall into place that are more than coincidences (haha I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) But there hasn't been any crazy spiritual experiences for me yet. And as far as the most enlightening thing about the Gospel for me has just been the eternal scheme of things. I guess just understanding the purpose of life a lot more clearly than before I came on my mission. And that this life is a learning experience and I guess just the continual progression of things. We are constantly learning and overcoming new obstacles and really I'm convinced our lives are what we make of them. I don't know if any of that makes sense... but that's just some of my thoughts on things haha. So it Chris has got the hunting bug huh?? Well that will be sweet for when I get home! What made him decide to get his hunter's safety? Speaking of that, isn't it crazy that a year ago at this time I went on the Muzzle loader deer hunt with Eric (and I broke our garage) hahaha. Oh and how is the search for 4 wheelers coming along? No I haven't heard from tyler. I would love to hear from him though! Maybe I'll write to him soon, probably not though... he'll have to write to me first before I can find time to write back to him haha. So about Spanish, it's still a struggle and it's a constant process and I know that in two years from now I'll still be learning new things with it. But I feel like I've made a little process. I feel like I really understand the concept of grammer things and sentence structure a lot better than when I got here. So hopefully now I can just continue to get a bigger vocabulary and just have it start to click ( that's probably 6+ months down the road though) I never would have thought it would be such a long and difficult process haha I guess I never took the time to really think about it. When I'm with my comp, we speak probably about 75% English we should talk more in Spanish but oh well. I understand almost everything he says, even if I don't know one or two words in his sentences I know exactly what he's talking about. It's kind of cool, but it's also really annoying because it's only like that with him. I don't understand other people nearly as well. Hmm well I guess that's about all I have to say for this week. I'm still doing well and just trying to enjoy the journey (sometimes it's a lot easier said than done hahaha) Well take care and have a goo one!Love Elder Maxfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment