Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 9th 2010

Hey!!
Sorry it took me awhile to respond today. I just barely got a chance to get to the library. So I didn't get transferred and neither did anyone in my district which is pretty cool. I'm glad I didn't leave to be honest. I would have been mad to miss Scar's baptism. It's scheduled for this Saturday. He met with President Smith again and everything is good to go! Now we just have to hope he doesn't get cold feet and back out at the last second haha! I don't think he will though and it should be a good day on Saturday. I was glad to hear that grandma's funeral went well. It's true what you were saying about how it must be really hard for people without the gospel in times like these but for us it's really comforting to know the whole plan. So things for me are going pretty good. There was a random lady that came to church with her friend on Sunday and now we've started teaching her. She's an older lady and I think there's a really good chance she'll get baptized too, but we've only met with her once and it's always hard to tell. But she seems really cool and we're hoping to baptize her either at the end of the month or in early July. So I just barely finished my 8th cycle here in the field and now I have 8 more to go. It's kind of weird to think about. Cycles go by really fast. Well I don't really have much else to say this week. I'm glad to hear you're still looking for 4 wheelers :) Once you buy those then you'll just have to throw some bigger tires on the truck and I'll have a perfect set up for when I get home hahaha. Well thanks for everything. I hope everyone is doing well back home! Take care!!

Love,
Elder Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment