Hey what's up? Well I'm finally in NY and it took awhile to get here. Half of the people in my travel group missed the plane, and then 3 more missed the plane in georgia. Haha it was a dang joke. On the way from Atlanta to New York, we got diverted into Washington. I think the airport was called like delas or dulis or something kind of like that. Anyway we got diverted because there were some bad storms in new york and they weren't letting planes in so we had to land and refuel. It was pretty gay. So I'm sorry I didn't get to call you once I got to here but I didn't have time. It was nice to talk to some of you!! Even though it was only for about two seconds haha. So last night we just talked with the president and his wife and ate dinner and went to bed. They seem really cool. This morning we just got a little orientation type of thing and then went to the transfer meeting and I met my trainer. His name is elder urriola... I think haha. I've only been with him for a couple of hours. He is from Chile but he speaks pretty good english. I can hardly understand anything he says in spanish. He talks so fast and his words aren't very annunciated(I know I spelled that wrong) it all just flows into one big sentence. I somtimes pick out a few words but it's brutal, it will be good though. He seems really cool. So I'm serving in an area called Newbourgh. I'm not sure if that's how you spell it, but It's in the upper part of the mission. It's kind of lame I haven't even really seen the city yet. I was on the wrong side of the plane when we flew in. I got a glimse of it and the buildings are huge. And depending on how it works out, I might not serve in the city for 6 months to a year. It just depends, but from what I've heard is you usually stay in you're area for quite awhile. The area we're in is really pretty, a ton of trees everywhere and quite a few hills. We also have a car because our area is really big. And I'm the one who has to drive because my companion isn't from here!!! It kind of sucks but's it's all good. Our appartment is pretty big, but it's kind of a dive.. And Elder Urriola says it's the nicest appartment he's had. He's been in the Bronx and Washington Heights. I haven't met the other two Elders that are living there with us yet. Well I'm not sure what else to tell you. I'm sure you'll probably have about a thousand questions for me hahaha so I'll just wait to hear from you. I love you a ton!!! I can't wait to hear from you!
Love,
Elder Maxfield
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment