Friday, July 3, 2009
Letter From Elder Maxfield
Well I got my flight plans last Friday. And I don't have much time to call.. I'm not even positive I'll have anytime. I will try my very best though because I would love to talk to you. So we leave on Tuesday, and we have to be to the travel office at the front of the MTC at 4 o clock am. Our flight leaves from salt lake at 7. We will be flying into Atlanta, Georgia. I hear the airport there is huge. We have an hour in between flights so that might be when I get a chance to call you. I also might just try to call before we leave salt lake. I hope that's not too early... I still can't guarantee anything though. So anyway, we will be getting to Georgia at about 12:50 eastern time. We leave Georgia at 1:40 eastern time and arrive at Laguardia at around 4 ET. It's pretty freaking crazy!! But I'm way excited. So I'm sorry I can't give you a specific time for when I might be calling. Just be ready all day I guess haha and if you're not home I'll call your cell phones. I don't even know how many phones there are at the airports these days, but even if I get to talk to you for 4 or 5 minutes that would be awesome. So there are 18 people in my travel group and that includes my entire district, so we'll all be on the same plane which is way sick. So I think that's all of the travel info that I can give you. I hope I'm not forgetting anything. So nona, I got your package. Thank you so much!! I loved the tie, it's probably my new favorite. Your pictures were hilarious too, and those cookies are my favorite kind. So the 4th of July here will probably be pretty boring. I have no idea what the plan is. I know they're having some kind of devotional, and I'm going to try to watch the fireworks from the stadium of fire. I love the 4th of July, I wish I could be there with all of the family, but I will be soon enough I reckon. Time really has flown by, it's kind of crazy. So I didn't get the chance to meet my president, but I did see him at the devotional. I just recognized him from the picture. But the devotional this week was awesome. There were 7 of the 12 apostles there and Jeffery R. Holland was the speaker. Plus the entire presidency of the quorum of the 70 was there. The apostles that were there were the 3 newest ones, L. Tom Perry, David Bednar, Oaks, and Holland. The prophet was also there that day and some missionaries saw him but I didn't. I think I liked bednars talk the very most. Oh and yes nona I'm writing in my journal every night. And about the Spanish, I don't suck I just like to tease, but I really not that great either, I know that it will come soon enough, It's just a matter of practicing it. So Jethro, how was hobble creek? I love that course. It sounds like you're hitting it well, keep it up and when I get back maybe you can take some of my money from me.... haha I doubt it though. Well flip, I hope I answered most of your questions. It sucks because the mail room is going to be closed until Monday... don't worry about sending me anything. Hmm well I think that's it. tell everyone hi for me on the 4th of July!! At this time next week I'll be in NYC!!!!!!! It's awesome. Well I love you soooo much. Thank you for all of your support. Tengan un buen dia!! Haha I probably said that wrong but oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Glad to hear he arrived safely. Do you have a new address for him?
ReplyDelete