Hola,
So yes my companion got transferred and I'm now with Elder Workman. I don't know a whole lot about him but we flew out here together, so I remember seeing him in the mtc and stuff. He's black and was born in Virginia and grew up in Queens here in New York. But then he moved to Provo when he was 15 and went to high school there and that's where his family still lives. He seems pretty cool and it will be interesting to see how we do with our Spanish since we're still pretty young in the mission. I think it's going to be way good though. Oh yeah and one other thing... I got called to be District Leader. Haha yeah pretty crazy huh? I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest DL in the mission and I'm not sure how I feel about that. The president needed a district leader in my zone for the sister missionaries and it was either me or my comp elder workman, and he asked me to do it. So my district is 5 sisters and me and my comp.. hahaha It should be pretty interesting. It'll be fun though and I'll keep you posted on how things are with that. So I'm sure you want to know about the city, but there really isn't a whole lot to tell. So we drove our car down to kingsbridge in the bronx and then parked and hopped on the subway. From there we were under ground until we got right to the temple. So in reality I didn't see very much of the city at all. And right by the temple there isn't anything too sweet. I took like two or three pictures and that's it. It was fun to finally make it down there though and the temple was way cool. There are a ton of people in the city and that's for sure haha!!!! Well I don't think there's much else to tell about the city. I'm glad you got my pictures. What did you think of Newburgh? It's not as bad as I made it sound is it? haha and maybe that's because I don't dare take pictures of the scary streets. So about my journal, yes that's the one. It says missionary and has the world on it. Mine's green and I don't care what color the next one is. Just whatever one you want to get. You were asking about the blog, no I can't look at it. I wish I could. that would be fun. Oh I can't believe brady is coming home this week. Tell him hi for me and to email me if he gets a chance. I wanted to email him but I couldn't remember his email address. Oh yeah so the Yankees won the world series huh. It's too bad I'm not a Yankees fan haha. I'm stoked the jazz beat the knicks though. Well I don't think I have anything else to say. I hope all is well and you're enjoying D-will!!!! Thee ah have a goo won!
Love Elder Maxfield
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment