Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Monday, November 30, 2009

Nov. 28th 2009

Hey!
Thanks for the happy birthday wishes! I had a good one yesterday. I went to TGI Friday's for lunch with my roommates and they brought me ice cream and sang to me; that's always embarrassing but it was fun haha. My roommates also decorated my study desk with balloons and stuff so it was cool. Oh and the sisters sang happy birthday to me over the phone last night too. I also got your package today. Thank you so much!! I loved it all! Oh and yes I got Gus's card yesterday as well. That was nice of her to send me that. As for me and my comp, we're getting along just fine. We have a lot of fun together. It makes life nice because I can actually be more of myself now because we're both "natives". So it sounds like you'll be having a good thanksgiving, that's sweet. We're going to some English members because no one from our ward invited us. It's not a super big deal to the Spanish people here. But the family we're going to are from Utah and they're cool. They're young and have one little girl who is like 6 months. We will be eating at 1:00. It should be good. That's sweet Brady's home! I'm glad he's doing well and I'd love to talk to him. Does he speak any Spanish? Yeah I had to learn some patience with my last comp, but it wasn't terrible. We made it work and had a lot of fun together. So it's funny you asked about Taylor M. because it had been about 4 months since I last heard from him until this week. He decided awhile ago that he wasn't going to read anyone's letters because it was making it really hard on him. But this week he emailed me and asked how I was doing and stuff. He still isn't in love with the mission, but sounds like he's doing fine. It's actually his B-day today so I was going to email him anyway, so it was funny to see his email, we must all be on the same page. He says he's good at Spanish though.... haha I wish I could say the same. I know it takes longer to learn it if your not completely surrounded by it so I'm not too worried. I haven't heard from my cousin Taylor though. It would be way fun to hear from him though! He'll be home so soon. It's way gwazy! That's cool there were missionaries in our ward! I never remember seeing missionaries back home. Utah missions are sooooo spoiled in every way possible! But it's lame because they're in Utah haha suckers. Don't worry Nona, I'm well taken care of and people smile at us :) Well I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!! I'll talk to you next week! Love you!
Love Elder Maxfield
PS Thanks for the Spanish Jethro, it made me feel good about my Spanish..... hahaha just kidding, it was correct.... sort of haha. Ahhh I still love giving you a hard time!

No comments:

Post a Comment