Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jan. 13th 2010

Hora!
That's chinese spanish for you haha. So I'm glad you guys enjoyed you're trip to hawaii. I'm jealous, it's sounds like the weather is way nice there. So things back here are going well still. I still didn't get that package yet. And about getting tranferred, I'm ready for it and there's a fairly good chance it will happen but we'll just have to wait and see I guess. So this email is going to be a little different. I'm going to tell you about a couple of the funny experiences from this week that I've had. So the first one, well we were over at this mexican less active ladies house around 11 in the morning and her family was just kind of watching tv in the kitchen and eating breakfast. So they asked if we wanted anything and we said yeah so they gave us a couple of homemade taquitos and they were pretty good and then they asked if we wanted to try this weird looking corn soup and I said I was ok but my comp wanted some, so they gave it to him and it looked nasty. I was just watching him eat it and then they convinced me to have some. It was kind of a pale color with weird white corn and chunks of turkey in it. Oh yeah and she chopped up a fresh onion and threw a handful of those on top with some fresh squeezed lime juice. As I was getting ready to eat it I noticed a big nasty hair in it! I started trying to fish it out with my spoon but the lady's husband was like "you don't like onions?" Because he thought I was just trying to fish them out, I told him I did and as I was talking to him I accidently stirred in the hair. So it was lost in my soup somewhere. Well to make a long story short, I was hoping to see the hair at the bottom of my bowl when I finished the soup, but it wasn't there... haha so I got a little extra protein with my soup! It was a pretty funny experience.So the next experience from the week. On sunday, my comp and I went with the english elders to a dinner appointment with a family in West Point. It was good and all and then it was time to leave and I started getting some rolly guts. I decided I felt like I could make it home, so we started the drive home. Well I was wrong, I wasn't going to be able to make it. So luckly we had some toilet paper in the car and I told Elder Workman to pull over off of the high way and I bailed out of the car and barrelled over the guard rail down the side of the mountain. It was a steep flipping hill!! Anyway it was a nice view looking down on to West Point and the Ski Resort with all of the lights for night skiing haha. Thank goodness it was dark and we were in the mountains so no one could see me! It was one of those experieces I won't forget. I must have guts like you old man!! Anyway, that was what I did this week, along with other typical missionary work haha. We've been street contacting and tracting like crazy to find some more people to teach, it's still slow but we'll see how it goes. Sorry I didn't really answer any of your questions this week, you can ask them again next week if you want, I just wanted to tell you my funny stories. Well I hope you all are doing well and I look forward to hearing from you each week. Well thee ah!!LoveElder Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment