Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jan. 20th 2010

So things are going well for me still. We had interviews with Pres last week and it went well. He basically told me that I'm going to get transferred in a couple weeks. He told me that 5 cycles in my greenie area was a good amount of time and that it's time to see the other parts of the mission. It's not guaranteed that I'll get transferred, but pretty much like a 97% chance. I'm pretty excited for it and I feel ready. I'm also a little nervous in some ways just because, it's a big adjustment and I'm going to miss a lot of the members here. I'll be just fine though because I'm ready to leave :) And it just depends I guess on where I go if I'll still be DL or not. The mission needs leaders right now though and so I'm pretty sure I'll still be DL, but if I get released that would be just fine too. The way leadership goes in our mission is kind of interesting, once your in leadership you generally stay there most of your mission, you may get like a cycle or two break of being DL but then you'll generally get called again or be made ZL. A lot of people think in a few more cycles I'll be a ZL just because a lot of the zone leaders we have right now are going home in the next few months. I think it would be fun and a cool opportunity and I kind of feel like I'd like it more than being a DL. But who knows what will happen, I'm pretty much fine with whatever happens. I'm interested to see where I might get transferred. I hope it's somewhere that doesn't have a car :) because then I'd be in the city. But really I don't care too much about where I'm at, I just kind of need a change ya know?So about the work, we've still been contacting like crazy lately and it's started to help. We've found a few new investigators that seem pretty cool and I look forward to teaching them more. I'm pretty sure a big secret of missionary work is WORK. It's amazing how things start to happen when you push a little harder and just bite the bullet so to speak and just work. It's kind of fun contacting because it makes you feel like a missionary, with people that flat out ignore you, or cross the street just to avoid you, but then it's really cool when they actually want to listen. So I'm way excited that they found my Christmas package!! It's like Christmas all over again. Sister Farnsworth is a way cool lady and was so excited to call me and tell me they had found the package. She said she was more excited than I was haha.Well I hope things are going well for yall back home. I'm going to try to send some pictures home soon. I've had them printed off for awhile, just haven't made it over to the post office yet. Oh so if anyone is sending letters or anything soon, just send it to the mission home for until I get my new address. Another thing I was thinking about is I think it would be cool if you could save the emails I send home to you guys. Maybe in like a file or something because a lot of these things are better than journal entries and I think it would be cool to look at the emails I've sent home. And also the emails you send me. Think you could do that for me?? It would also be cool to somehow be able to save the blog so I can see it when I get home. Kind of like a scrapbook. Doesn't Derek have something like that? Anyway, I've gotta go but I hope you have a great week in that wonderful clean rocky mountain air haha. THEE AH!!!Love,Elder Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment