Thursday, March 25, 2010
March 17th 2010
Hey what's new?So sorry I didn't have the chance to email yesterday. We ended up going to the temple. So I actually did spend the day in dreary old manhattan haha. It was pretty sweet. Maybe one day I'll get the chance to serve there. But if not it will be a fun place to come back and visit. It's weird to say but there really is something about that big city life that is pretty sweet... haha I would never want to live there but I have to admit I have grown quite accustomed to it and I never would have thought that before my mission. It's just a pretty exciting place and there are just cool stores and little deli's and bakeries all over. I can't wait to hear what Lindsay thinks of it when she gets to see it. So you were asking about the fasting plan. Well it started last Saturday and the bishop kicked it off by fasting. Well it just so happens that we found a new investigator that same day and we didn't think much of it because she was just a crazy Dominican girl. But we met with her last night and she's awesome. She'll probably be baptized within a month or so. She's going to Santo Domingo in a week and won't be back until the end of the month so until then there's not a whole lot we can do. But it was cool to see the blessings of the fasting plan :) So yeah I've pretty much figured my way out around Yonkers. It's still really confusing with all of the one way streets and stuff but it's all good. So transfers are in a week from yesterday. We'll find out on Monday night if anyone in my district is moving or not. I hope not because they're way cool. So if everything goes according to plan, we will be baptizing those two kids we've been teaching on Sunday. And not only that, but the other two companionship's will be baptizing the same day if everything works out. Which is super cool that everyone in the district will have had baptisms this cycle. Oh and my church starts at 10. As for exercise around here... there's not a whole lot to do, we walk a little bit haha. I get fed pretty well in this area. It's so funny because it's always the same meal no matter where we go, arroz, frijoles, y pollo. Well I better get going. All is well here in Yonkers and I hope it's the same back in Utah. Oh so I found out that Todd Miller is engaged. I'm super bummed I won't be around for that and bummed that he's engaged because it just won't be the same with him married. Oh well that's the way life is. Well Thee ah!!!!Love,Elder Maxfield
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment