Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 24th 2010

Hey what's up? So my week has been alright. I was a little bummed because Elder Tanner, one of the cool elders from my district got transferred and he wasn't supposed to. I guess there were some issues in some other area and they sent him to go straighten things out. He's a cool kid and I was looking forward to having him in the district, but oh well. You guys are old farts now!! haha but yeah you guys do have a pretty decent family with the best part being me...... hahahaha just kidding! So yeah there is good pizza all over New York. In fact a member took us out for pizza last night. I've eaten a ton of pizza on my mission and I don't mind at all because I love it. I haven't been taking too many pictures recently because there's nothing really to take any pictures of. I'll try to start taking some though. So Taylor is fine being a DL, he's also training right now. He is hitting his year mark tomorrow... kind of crazy. Brady hasn't written to me yet. What a chump. So you wanted to hear some of my favorite experiences... I don't really know... It's hard to talk over email but when I get home I can answer all of the questions you would like haha. I feel bad because I know you want to hear, but to be honest I can't think of that many experiences that are really worth sharing. So I guess I'll just tell you a little bit about yesterday just so you can have an idea of what I'm doing. So we started of by going to court to help translate for some member who's brother in law was being sentenced for child abuse. So we spent the morning in court and that was fun. By the way cops over here are dirt bags. They are so cocky and it's ridiculous. Anyway the rest of the day we spent looking up less active members that we don't know. It was funny because we went to this one dude's house and he asked us how long we had been out and we told him and he told us he could tell we had been doing this for awhile just because we looked so comfortable and we had never met him, he was just a stranger, but that's pretty much what we do everyday so it's no big deal anymore. I guess I'm finally not a greenie. I guess the mission life becomes just like a lifestyle after awhile. It's funny because I think most people in the world would feel a little uncomfortable just going into some strangers house and talking to them but you just get used to it. So that was my day yesterday. Sorry I don't have very many experiences to share. I'm glad the Jazz are doing well, maybe they'll win the championship for me. Well I hope you are all doing well and that you have a great week! Love you! THEE AH!!!!!!!!

Love,
Elder Maxfield
PS Tell all of the grand kids hello for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment