Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31 2010

Hey what's up?
Haha so you noticed someone in Yonkers looking at the blog huh? Well that was me, I just wondered what it looked like and I thought it was pretty funny that some of my letters had to be edited a little bit hahaha. But it was pretty cool to see. So my address is Ashburton Place #2, in Yonkers. I'll going to try to take some pictures this week. I really want you to see the church building. It doesn't even resemble a church on the outside except for the plaque that says it's a church. So I'm pretty excited for conference this weekend. That should be way sweet. Yeah we're going to the church to watch it and then we'll probably have some food at the church, if not we have members that will feed us. As far as Easter goes I probably won't even realize it's Easter, it'll be pretty much like any other day except for conference. So not too much is new this week. It has been raining quite a bit and has been a little colder but today is a little nicer. The new kid in my district is kind of a chump. We were in the same zone together in Newburgh. He actually is from Sandy and went to Alta but he graduated before I got there so he's a little bit older. I don't really like him but he's not bad I guess. Elder Tanner was a lot cooler. But Elder Andersen is still here and so that's sweet. He's a cool kid and loves hunting too so we have fun together. My comp is ok I guess. Not my favorite, but not bad. It's just the way it goes though. President Smith is a really cool guy. I like him a lot. We have interviews once every six weeks and they last about 5 minutes. but it's still cool to meet with him. So the priests are going to be writing soon huh. Yeah I pretty much feel like Samuel lately. It stinks not having anyone to teach and the people we do find generally don't seem too interested. It's hard sometimes because I've been out almost a year and only had one baptism. But I just keep reminding myself that it's not all about baptizing even though that's what most people think. Some people are so set on "Serving their missions" that they forget about serving the people. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but I think you get my point. But the only thing to do is just keep trying and working. So I've been out almost 11 months now. Kind of crazy huh. It seems like it to me but it's gone fast and if what everyone says is true about the 2nd year going faster than it's going to all be over in the blink of an eye. So I'm just trying to take Derek's advice and just enjoy it and make the most of it. Overrall things are going good for me. Sometimes I think about what I'm going to do when I get home and it worries me haha like what am I going to do for a car, school, job, all of that good stuff. But I try not to think about it too much and I'll cross that bridge when I get there I guess. Well I hope everything is going good back home for yall!! Oh yeah, yo iba a decir que me parece que tu espanol ha mejorado jethro. Habian unos errores, actually only one that I noticed, pero tu estas aprendiendo todavia! haha but I'm still learning too!! bueno, tengo que ir. Have a good week! Thanks for everything!

Love,
Elder Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment