What's up!?
So yeah it's definitely been really hot over here lately. Yesterday it was like 91 degrees. It's kind of nice to be done with winter and to see all the trees with their flowers and leaves growing back. So about what I said last week in my email about serving and stuff is definitely true, but it was kind of funny because we just had a mission council meeting yesterday and the big focus of it was that we are here to baptize and that's our purpose. So I guess you just have to find the balance. I don't know though. Sometimes I don't pay too much attention to what other missionary leaders say because they think it's all about numbers. That's fine if that's how they want their missions to be but I look at things a little differently. Anyway, conference was pretty sweet. I think my very favorite talk was one during the priesthood session that Dallin H. Oaks gave on priesthood blessings. It was an awesome talk and it was something that Elder Andersen and I had been discussing a few days before conference so it was kind of cool to have some of our questions answered. Easter was good and thank you so much for the package! We didn't go anywhere for Easter dinner, we just ate leftover rice and chicken..... surprise surprise that's all hispanic people ever eat haha. So you saw my humble abode on Google Earth huh? Yeah the one you saw is definitely my house. We live on the second level and there is a Mexican guy that lives above us in the attic and also the owner of the building lives in the basement, so no it's not just missionaries. So yeah it's almost mother's day. That will be cool to talk on the phone again. And it will be even cooler the mother's day after that because we'll talk on the phone and then the following Thursday we'll see each other at the airport. Haha I'm looking forward to that mother's day phone call, it'll be a fun one! So I think Lindsay should come up to Yonkers and take me to lunch. That would be pretty sweet! I've heard of plenty other missionaries doing that and it wouldn't bother me at all. Well I've got a lot of other people to email this week so I hope all is well and that the Jazz win the championship!! Have a good week!!
Love,
Elder Maxfield
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment