Hey family,
So yeah transfers were today and Elder Prue got transferred so I got a new comp today. His name is Elder Chavarria. He's from California but his parents are from Guatemala and so he speaks perfect Spanish and English. He's a really cool kid I already knew him pretty well before so I'm pretty excited to be with him. Also Elder Andersen got transferred which was pretty lame, he's the one that likes hunting, but Elder Irvine replaced him and he's way cool. He was in my very first district. So yeah I feel pretty good with how the transfers went down. It should be a pretty cool cycle for sure. So the rice, chicken, and beans are getting pretty old. I cherish American food when I get it now haha. So that's good to hear that the jazz are doing well. Hopefully they can close out the series tonight. So last Sunday I got the chance to baptize an 8 year old kid. That was really cool. His mom's been a member for a little over a year and wanted us to help get her son ready for baptism. So we had been teaching him over the last few weeks and he baptized on Sunday. I felt so bad for him because the water heater in our building wasn't working and so the water was ice cold. It took my breath away getting into it. It might as well been the Hudson. I made sure I dunked him all the way the first time because I knew if I had to do it a second time he wouldn't have done it haha. But it was a pretty cool experience. So I don't have a whole lot more to say this week. It's kind of cool that in a little over a week I'll be hitting my year mark. Well I hope all is well back home!! I can't wait to talk to you guys on Mothers day!! I'll be able to talk a little longer this time I would imagine so I'm excited for that. And I'm excited to see Mike and Lindsay. That's going to be sweet. Well have a good week!! Theee ahhh!!!!!!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment