Hello again!
So what's new? I'm doing pretty well this week. Was Labor Day this week? Haha I almost forgot, I guess holidays don't mean that much out here. I'm glad you guys had a busy one though :) I totally forgot that their wedding was coming so soon. I got the invite but I just spaced it. Well good for them. So you got the O.K. for the surgery? That's good, hopefully it actually works this time huh. So my new area is pretty good. I'm still just trying to learn it and get the hang of how the Ward is and stuff. So on google earth can you get a street view?? Our apartment is kind of hard to see. I think the number on 176th is like 599 or 509 or something... that might help you find it. Also there is like a blue bakery on the corner across the street from our apartment. We live on the north side of 176th, but if you look on the south side straight acoss from our apt. there is a really cool graffiti thing... I'm not sure if you'll see it on the computer though. I hope that helps. So being a ZL is just fine and not hard to get used to at all. It's a whole lot easier than being DL in my opinion. I really don't have to many special meetings ever or anything like that, they kind of leave it to us to run the zone and then we kind of report about it in our emails to the president. Although, yesterday I got to go on a split with one of the AP's. I went up to Scarsdale and helped in the office for awhile. It was fun because I was with Elder Butler, one of my favorite missionaries out here. I lived with him for 3 cycles in Newburgh( I sent home pictures that he's in so I think you might remember him) anyway he's awesome so that was fun. It was also fun to go back up around my old area of Yonkers. It was amazing in Scarsdale how quiet it seemed to me now and I've only been in the city for like 3 weeks. It's just constantly loud here and it doesn't help that I live really close to the GW bridge. So that's really funny that you asked about like going to a Yankees game, because as soon as I finish this email. I'm headed over to a game today! I'm pretty excited even though I don't like the Yankees it's going to be way sweet. Don't worry I'll take pictures. I'll try to print some pictures off soon and send them. So your question about Spanish, if you mean do we speak Spanish to each other, then no hardly at all. We'll say like a few phrases or words occasionally to each other but pretty much everyone in the mission just speaks English to each other. In lessons it's almost all Spanish unless there are little kids there. and yes there are 3 of the sisters from my mtc district here in this zone right now so that's cool. Well I better get going, but thanks for everything and for the money in the account. Have a goo one!!!!
Love,
Elder Maxfield
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment