Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sept 1st 2010

Hola!
So how are things going in Utah? I hope everything's going well. So things are going pretty well here. My comp is alright; I have no problems with him, he's just a little weird and doesn't talk in the lessons so I end up teaching everythng which stinks but it's all good. He's from Payson. Our apartment is not bad I guess, it's the smallest one I've been in so far and we have roaches, but other than that it's really nice :) I've heard only a little bit about that whole facebook thing and I think it's in like upstate NY. It's kind of interesting and it's a little different than traditional missionary work, but the world is different than it used to be I guess. That's sweet you guys got to go on that ride. I saw the pictures that Derek took of that tree and it is sooooo weird to think about. It was exactly nine years ago and only a few days before the whole Sept. 11 thing. I totally want to go back and see that when I get home. So things here in my new area are pretty good. We don't have very many solid investigators right now (story of my mission, right?) but there are a couple people with some potential to progress. I also wanted to tell you that in Yonkers the 4 investigators that Elder Chavarria and I had been teaching are getting baptized on Sunday. I knew they would for sure get baptized it just took a little longer than I thought. It's kind of frustrating that it happened right after I got transferred, but at least I got to teach them. I would love to make it up there for the baptism but I don't think it will happen. It's kind of nice to finally see some people that I've taught get baptized :) Well I don't have much time because I still have a few other emails to write, but thank you for everything and I'll talk to you soon!!

Love
Elder Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment