Hey so I finally found some time to email you a little bit more. So this past Wednesday I went and kicked it down in Central Park all day. It was really sweet and it was the first time I've ever really got to explore down there. So how are things back there in Zion? I hope you all had a good Halloween. It was a pretty quiet Halloween for me and there weren't many trick or treaters just because it's not a very kid friendly place around here. So anyway, you were asking about how I feel about the mission and things like that... well that's still a tough question but I've really come to appreciate it a lot more now that I can kind of look back on it realize how far I've come. It's interesting because it's nothing too big or drastic it's just been little subtle changes and things like that that have made up for quite the journey. It's really hard to explain without just going through it for yourself, but there are just so many little things that make the mission experience so unique and challenging. The work is starting to pick up slowly for us right now and my greenie is awesome. We have such a good time together and we're constantly laughing. He's a really good kid and I think he's doing just fine... I mean after all, he does have the best trainer in the whole mission :) haha just kidding. I've actually been able to learn a lot from him and I hope I've been helpful to him too. So it's pretty crazy that it's already time for my birthday again. I still remember last year at this time like it was yesterday. So you received your little card from the hermanas? Haha those two are pretty funny and it's been way fun being in the same district with them. The reason they sent the card is because I told them that I didn't dare ask for cologne from a chick store and so they told me they would do it. haha they were worried that mom would think they were just crazy sister missionaries but I told them that you would think it was funny. My opinion of sister missionaries is a little different than it was before the mission haha don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of them (actually most of them) that still fit in that sister missionary mold but there are a few that are actually normal people and not total molly Mormons haha. Anyway I'm excited for my Bday package so that I can smell good for the Dominican chicks around here. Did you find that cologne they were talking about Twilight Woods or something like that? I only smelled it once, so I hope it smells good on me haha. Well I better get going but I love you and I'll talk to you again soon!! Thee ah!
Love,
Elder Maxfield
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment