Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 15th 2010

Que tal?
So before I forget, I'm still not positive when I'm going to be able to call. It's going to be hard to work it out because my comp has a big family and will need a good chunk of time. It might have to be a little bit earlier than 5 your time..... It might have to be closer to like 5 eastern time. I don't know for sure though so don't change plans or anything yet. I will let you know for sure by next week. Sorry I'm sure that's not very helpful, but it's really hard to plan around everyone's schedules when we have to try to do it through email once a week ya know?
Anyway, our Christmas party will be on Christmas in Scarsdale from about 11-2 and we'll have kind of a little meeting with musical numbers and stuff and then a big lunch. It's always pretty fun when the whole mission is together like that. As far as service goes, we don't really have anything set up that we do. Just whatever we can find I guess. We'll be getting our Christmas packages a few days before Christmas I'm sure.
So that's cool you'll be having your own little Christmas get together this year. It kind of sucks to have to change traditions sometimes but that's just the way it goes and that's how new ones start. I do think it's going to kind of suck for my kids(the 3 that I'm going to have haha) because they most likely will not have anyone to play with and pretty much will get the shaft when it comes to that. Hopefully the other side of the family will have little kids too haha. So as far as the work goes, it's pretty much about the same as usual. Nothing too exciting or new to report on. We've been knocking a lot of doors still but haven't had a ton of success from it yet. We still do a lot of work with the LA (Latin America) members and stuff like that. It will be nice to be able to get home and be able to have conversations about the things I've learned out here and some of the experiences I've had. It just really would be hard for me to explain a lot of things that I want to tell you through emails so I don't really even attempt it. I hope you can understand that and realize it's not because I don't have anything going on out here. Anyway I'm excited to talk to you all on Christmas!! It should be fun. Well I hope you all have a good week and I'll talk to you soon!
Love,
Elder Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment