Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 1st 2010

Hey!
So Thanksgiving wasn't the traditional meal that it normally is. We ate with some investigators that the sisters have and we had a Dominican meal. It was good and it was just a bunch of different food like lasagna, spaghetti, chicken, rice... etc. It was really good but it just isn't the same as an American Thanksgiving meal. What I missed most was the mashed potatoes and gravy. I can't even remember the last time I had that. Anyway, how was your Thanksgiving? I hope it was way good. So the baptism went really well. A member from the ward baptized him and then the bishop confirmed him. It was a really nice service and he had a lot of his family there which was cool. Overall I think it was a really spiritual experience for him. So now it's officially the Christmas season huh? I really enjoyed this time of year last year in the mission. It's always fun to have a little bit of the Christmas spirit in the air haha at least until it's over because then it just stinks because it's just like you don't have anything to look forward to. At least that's how it was last year, but I'm sure I'll have a little more to look forward to this year after Christmas is over... :) So speaking of Christmas. I was wondering if you could do me a favor..? So for my birthday, Sister Passantino bought me a Lakers tee shirt because she's a big Lakers fan and knows how big of a Jazz fan that I am( we constantly talk about who is better haha) so she thought it would be funny to give me that shirt for my b-day. Well, what I was wondering is if you could possibly get a Jazz tee shirt for me so that I could give it to her for Christmas as payback. It doesn't need to be fancy like my new D Will one, but just a regular Jazz shirt, it would be even better if it was a D Will one though. Something like that blue one that I used to wear would be perfect. I'll leave it up to you to pick though, that is, if you are willing to do that for me??? Let me know asap. If you do get one, I would say she's pretty much just average size, probably like Morgan's size so whatever size that is haha. It was awesome though the other day when the Jazz beat the Lakers because I got the chance to rub it in a little bit haha. Anyway just let me know what you think, even by today if possible because I'm going to be at the church later and will be able to check my email again.
So you were asking if I hear from Taylor ever, well yes I do. We write short little notes to each other every week. Oh so I forgot, for Christmas I'll still be in the Heights. Transfers aren't until the 6th or 7th of January and I'm pretty sure I'll probably be getting transferred or at least that's what it sounded like from my last interview with Pres. We'll just have to see I guess. I'll get my phone number to you when I know more of what the plan will be. Well I've gotta go, but I hope all is well back home! Thank you for everything. Love you tons!

Love,
Elder Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment