Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

December 29th 2010

Hey!
So Judith's hair design is right by my front door. I think it's actually next door to where I live. My address is 599 W. 176th. St. Nicholas is a street that I'm on all the time. We generally walk on St. Nich north towards where our church is. That street is pure Dominicans.. I don't know if you can notice or not, but if you look at a lot of the store names on St Nich they will be written in Spanish. My church building is on 1815 riverside drive, you should check it out. We walk from our apartment to the church all the time... you should measure it and tell me how far of a walk that is. I'm trying to think of other places that I could tell you to look at... hmm there's a place that is a street or two to the east of St Nich. I think it's called Amsterdam, but anyway, on about 190th or 191 and that Amsterdam street there's a rehabilitation center called like Isabel's or something like that, it's two bigger buildings( about 13 floors or so) anyway we visit a guy who's in there quite a bit. Also if you go one more street to the east of that, there is a park with basketball courts and in the summer time Elder Adams and I would play pick up games with kids at that park. Up closer to the church there are a couple of streets that we tract on a ton. Mostly Arden, Thayer, and Sickles.
You'll have to let me know if you can find any of those places. That's pretty cool with technology these days that you can see exactly where I spend my time everyday.
So it was good to talk to you all on Christmas. It's interesting to think that the next time I get to call I'll be coming home about 3 or 4 days after that. Anyway everything is still pretty much the same as it was on Saturday. I had a really good Christmas and now there's just a ton of snow. That was a really big storm that hit us out here. We went out that night to visit a member but that was pretty much all we did, however the next day we grabbed shovels from the church and went and helped people dig their cars out so that was pretty cool. It stinks having so much snow around because it's just a pain in the butt; everything is wet and there's just no room to put the snow anywhere. Anyway I hope you're still doing well and we'll talk to you again soon! THEE AH!!

Love,
Elder Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment