What's up!?
I hope you're all doing well this week! So it hasn't really snowed too much more over here but it's still just piled up everywhere and it's still been pretty cold, but nothing too harsh. I think spring will be coming soon or at least I hope so.
So about school, well I'm still not really sure but I would like to start at least heading in that direction. I'd like to finish up with the EMT class quick if possible so I can maybe get hired on somewhere once I get the other classes out of the way. I don't know though.. what do you think? Is that a good idea? What's the best thing I can do? Is it better to try to get a little more schooling done first and then worry about getting hired somewhere or the quicker the better with trying to get hired? Definitely let me know what your advice is. That is the path I want to start heading down, but if it turns out that it's not for me or something else comes up well then that'll be just fine too. I figure I just need to start going for something and somehow it'll work itself out. It reminds me of what Mark Paulsen always used to say after we'd just be sitting around after lunch when I worked with him. He'd say " well we better do something, even if it is wrong." and that's kind of how I feel right now. I just need to start going for something and I'm sure something will come of it ya know?
So about what I do on my p-days.... Well the last few I had been snowed in so I didn't do much, but if it doesn't snow I always like to try to play basketball which is what I did today so that was cool. Other than that we don't really do much up here. It's a pretty rural type area so there's not too much to do really but it doesn't really matter to me.
So teaching is going pretty well still. Our most solid investigator still is on for baptism for the 19th.. so we're hoping that goes through. There are a few other people we're still teaching and they've been kind of hard to meet with but hopefully things can start to happen with them.
Well that's really about it for now. I'm trying to think of something interesting that I could tell you... hmm well I'm still going strong on the 3 months to sexy program. The only problem is I feel like as I've lost weight I really haven't started to look any different. I don't know where the weight has come from, it's probably all muscle that I've lost haha. But I weigh the same as a lot of the other missionaries but they don't seem to carry their weight the same as me so I still look fatter than them but whatever. I'm starting to think my goal weight needs to be a little lower. like 175 or 170 because as I've dropped pounds I've realized I still have a lot of chub left on me and I don't want it there so I don't think 6 or 7 more pounds will be enough to get rid of it. We'll just have to see though. I want to come home as skinny as a rail if possible just so I can put good weight back on once I start lifting a little bit more and stuff at the gym. So that's the plan and we'll see how it goes. I'm sure you probably don't care too much about that though haha. Something a little more interesting is that I've officially been out for 21 months now. Kinda crazy. Taylor Myers goes home in 7 weeks and at that point I'll only have 6 weeks left. That's just something to think about :) Well thank you for all of your love and support!!! It means a lot. I hope you have a good week!!
Love,
Elder Maxfield
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment