Hey! So yeah I'm pretty excited for this transfer. It should be a good way to finish the mission. Elder Davis went to Riverton High School but I'm pretty sure he graduated the year after me. He's been in the mission a little under a year so he's fairly new still but is a way solid missionary so it should be sweet. I'm excited to be in the Bronx now. And you mentioned something about looking on google earth to see what it looks like or something, but I don't have an address yet so I'll have to get one to you next week. But what you should do to see what it looks like is go on to youtube and search "New York: South Bronx (Mott Haven)" watch the first two videos that pop up and you'll get a pretty good idea of where I'll be walking around. You'll have to let me know what you think of it. It'll be funny to come back here with you guys and see your reaction to the places I've lived in ha ha. As missionaries you just become so used to it that you really don't even notice it, but for someone who's never seen it before it's a bit surprising. I remember being a little shocked when I first got here. Like I said though, it's really not too bad and it's funny the reputation that the Bronx has because it's hyped up to be a lot worse than it is. It used to be awful before Giuliani came in and cleaned it up. Now Newburgh on the other hand, that place is just a flat out dive ha ha. So talking about jogging, there's actually a big park right across the street from my new apartment so I'll still be able to do that. I really don't think it's doing much for me right now though because I've still been eating way too much. It's impossible to control what we eat out here because people are always feeding us or giving us little snacks. That's why it'll be nice to come home and have my own personal Chef Jethro who will cook healthy things for me... right old man?? Ha ha. So Taylor is home now. He sent me a short little email saying he'd made it. He didn't say much more than that though because he says he doesn't want to distract me.. what a homo ha ha. Hopefully he get's in contact with you soon though. So as far as the classes and schooling goes just do whatever you feel like basically. I'll just take your advice on this one. Well that's about it from me this week. I hope you guys have a good one and I'll try to update you on the new area next week. Take care!!
Love,
Elder Maxfield
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment