Hey! I just wanted to shoot you a quick email to let you know that I found out I'm being transferred. I'll be finishing my mission in Olmstead which is in the Bronx. I'm really excited about it too because I'm going to have a way cool companion, Elder Davis. If I could have picked my area and comp that's exactly what I'd have picked... I guess it helps when you know the AP pretty well (Elder Garside) haha I may or may not have talked to him and given him a suggestion or two. So it all worked out pretty well. I'm also really happy because it kind of puts a good cap on everything. Now I've been in basically all of the mission which is really cool. If I'm not mistaken, which I could be because they may have switched the areas around, but my area is kind of a trashy place which is pretty sweet since I've pretty much lived in ghetto my whole mission. It's a place called Hunts Point and it has a reputation of being one of the poorest, worst parts of the Bronx. But I can pretty much guarantee you that it won't be as bad as Newburgh so I'm not expecting it to be very bad, that is if it is my area... either way I'm super stoked about it all. Kind of hard to believe it'll be my last six weeks in the mission. Pretty soon we're going to be able to start planning things out for when I get back because it's not too far away anymore. Oh also I got released as ZL. This will be the first time I won't have a leadership position since I was with Elder Urriola my trainer and that's not all that common to stay in leadership for that long so it will be really really nice to just be another missionary with just regular missionary responsibilities. Needless to say, life is pretty good right now and I'm just loving it. My last comp was a pretty good pain in my butt so I'm not too heartbroken about getting away from him haha. Anyway I look forward to reading your email soon!!
Love,
Elder Maxfield
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment