Now serving in Mott Haven

Current Address

Updated Address: Mission Home


Elder Ryan Jeffery Maxfield

New York, New York North Mission

700 White Plains Rd. Ste 315

Scarsdale, NY 10583

Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3 2011

Hey,
Well it sounds like you guys have had quite the eventful week. Yeah that still just sucks about Deron leaving the Jazz but whatever I guess. So hopefully they can get a solid team lined up for next year that would be sweet. So everything out here is all pretty much average. Nothing too new has happened, although last week you asked about flight plans and if I'd heard anything, well last thursday I got a text from Elder Garside saying he had our flight plans in his hand ( He is AP so he works in the office a lot) but anyway that was pretty crazy to hear so I'm sure you'll be getting them pretty soon. He said that the plane is scheduled to land in Utah at 3:55 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. Pretty weird right? So having Elder Bednar here was really cool. We kind of just had an interaction with him rather than just him talking to us. He asked us a few questions and then we just had an open discussion with him. He is a very smart man that's for sure and I mean that aside from just being an apostle. It was fun to see him on a fairly casual note. He was really open and was cracking jokes and it really was just like an open discussion type thing. I learned a ton from it so it was really cool. At the very end we all got to shake his and Elder L. Whitney Clayton's hands so that was pretty cool. Right before that Elder Bednar bore his "apostolic witness" as he called it and it was unbelievably powerful. Haha I'm pretty sure he's seen some things with his own eyes just listening to the way he bore his testimony. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for sure to be in such a small group of people just conversing with an apostle. In fact he said it would most likely never happen again for us because of the nature of things and the way the world and the church is these days. So we all just ate it up. So anyway that's pretty much it as far as that goes. So you're heading to Cancun huh... well boo hoo for you guys haha. That'll be way sweet. I'm jealous. The weather has been a lot warmer over here but it's still not spring yet, you can tell that it's on the way though and I can't wait. It'll be fun to do all those fun summer activities again for the first time when I get back. Well that's about it from me for this week entonces hasta la proxima semana. Estoy tratando de no contar los dias pero a veces no me puedo controlar. Estoy empezando a sentirme un poco frito como dicen los mexicanos haha. Pero que puedo hacer? Asi que tengo que seguir trabajando duro hasta el fin! Espero que entiendan lo que yo escribi y si no el maricon puede traducirlo para ustedes. Les quiero mucho! Cuidense!
Love,
Elder Maxfield

No comments:

Post a Comment