Hey!
So that's pretty sweet that Taylor's home and everthing. So his Spanish was pretty good huh? Well I'm sure it's a whole lot better than mine will be when I come home. That's just the way it goes when you are here in the states trying to learn it. You were asking about how I feel with a native speaking comp. Well I don't really like it. It definitely doesn't help me feel comfortable. It's pretty much the opposite. It's good in some aspects though because I can ask him a lot of questions and listen to the way he says things and stuff. But it pretty much just makes me not want to talk much because I know he speaks it so much better than me. My Spanish isn't terrible but it just won't really be as fluent as someone who served in a different country. I can read it and write it without problems, it's just hard to do it on the fly in a conversation ya know. So I bet Taylor will be married by October.. but we'll see I guess. The next cycle starts on July 21 or something like that. I have no clue what will happen. If I get transferred I would guess I'll be going to the Bronx. So you were asking about p-days and what we do. Well today I went up to New Canaan Connecticut to a member's house. It's a really rich area up there. That's where Glenn Beck lives. And the house we went to today just barely hosted a party on Monday for Mitt Romney. It was really nice. We played basketball and tennis on their sports court in their back yard. It was a lot of fun. So you finally did it huh old man? That's pretty sweet we got me some new toys. It sounds like you have quite the set up. I'm excited to see some pictures. And I'm even more excited to be able to use them when I get back :) Well I better get going. Everything is going pretty well here and the work is about the same. Well have a good week. Love you!
Elder Maxfield
PS I'm not sure what we'll do for the 4th. They will be shooting fireworks off a boat in the Hudson River so hopefully I'll get to see those. It'll mainly be a regular day.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment